Hi bloggy,
I'm back. Exactly 7 days before this I was still on the plane, going to touchdown. I am now in Christchurch New Zealand. Living here is not so bad once you get used to the walking. The kiwis here all walk very fast. Even if I walk fast also I will be left behind. :(
I am living in the city because the campus has no more space left. I have been on the waiting list since November 2005. So now I am stuck at UniLodge. I have to take the bus to get to the uni. Banyak menyusahkan. There are 3 different busses that goes to the Uni and all of them stops at different points of the Uni. And there is like no sign, so its kind of confusing. And its $1.90 per trip, so in one week I have to spend $19 just on transport which is like $76 per month. Its expensive right? Some more, the timing is funny. After 9am the busses only runs twice an hour. So really have to be on time. Not that its a problem.
I have been sleeping late and waking up early. I can't fall asleep and I will just wake up a little before 7am. It will be good during term time though. But still when I want to sleep in, I will still wake up early. Urgh!
I am staying at a 2 room flat/apartment. Anyway, what is the difference between a flat and an apartment? I am all alone. That is until tomorrow. A China girl who will be doing her foundation studies at the Uni will be staying with me. I don't know whether to be happy cause I won't be lonely or sad because of the experience that I did not had with red bean.
Staying at this accomodation is very lonely. You do not get to meet other people, where else if I stayed in campus I would have meet lots of people. However, yesterday there was a barbeque to get to meet the lodgers and I met a Sarawakian Chinese girl and a Hong Kong girl. We went punting together. Expensive wey! $15!! Just for a half an hour ride. The Hong Kong girl stays at the campus and she says its very noisy. She will be doing accounting like me and the other girl will be doing law. Anyway, I don't think I ngam key with them. But I really thank God that I found somebody. Otherwise I will go nuts. I hope the China girl will know how to speak English and that we would get along well.
Staying here is quiet except in certain circumstances. My windows faces the garage/car park. So when there is people hangin around there I can hear voices. Its irritating. I have to keep my window open because there is no fan or air con or anything except heaters in the flat. So in the afternoon, it can get pretty hot.
So far, a meal here cost no less than $5. Normal decent meals cause about $8.50. I am waiting for word from the U so that if I am continuing here, I am going to cook by myself. Which I hope will never happen cause I do not know how to cook at all.
If I have nothing to do soon, I am going to go bonkers. Luckily there is this book sale, so I bought 3 books =) Have finished one, the other one too boring to continue and in the middle of the last one. I also finish watching this how called Yummy Yummy. A TVB production. Not bad. At least it kept me entertain.
There is a TV in the living room but no reception. I have to ask the office about it. Remind me.
This town is asleep between 5.30 pm and 6 pm. Most of the shops will be close. Sad. Actually I the first few days was quite hectic for me. I had to buy the basic stuff. I had to open the bank account. The ANZ bank which was the bank that I wanted to open needs my student card in order for me to open a student account. And I can't pay my fees so that I can get my student card until I have bank in the money that my dad gave me. So I joined BNZ and it takes 5 working days for the money to go in because its not their bank. So mah fhan! So now, I have nothing. I found out on Friday that we had to pay for our internet usage in the Uni. Really ciplak! ISH ISH ISH!!
Anyway, I talk to Anesh on Skype yesterday night. It seems that she and Sarnan now is 'best friends'. And she so so absolutely hate walking. Her accomodation is on one hill and her Uni is on another hill. So she has to walk walk and walk. Even to go into the city. Anyways, she and Sarnan may come to visit me!! I hope they do. I am so so lonely.
I really hope I get to meet friends. I have to go and buy more shirts not enough. The laundry here is very expensive!
See ya.
I'm back. Exactly 7 days before this I was still on the plane, going to touchdown. I am now in Christchurch New Zealand. Living here is not so bad once you get used to the walking. The kiwis here all walk very fast. Even if I walk fast also I will be left behind. :(
I am living in the city because the campus has no more space left. I have been on the waiting list since November 2005. So now I am stuck at UniLodge. I have to take the bus to get to the uni. Banyak menyusahkan. There are 3 different busses that goes to the Uni and all of them stops at different points of the Uni. And there is like no sign, so its kind of confusing. And its $1.90 per trip, so in one week I have to spend $19 just on transport which is like $76 per month. Its expensive right? Some more, the timing is funny. After 9am the busses only runs twice an hour. So really have to be on time. Not that its a problem.
I have been sleeping late and waking up early. I can't fall asleep and I will just wake up a little before 7am. It will be good during term time though. But still when I want to sleep in, I will still wake up early. Urgh!
I am staying at a 2 room flat/apartment. Anyway, what is the difference between a flat and an apartment? I am all alone. That is until tomorrow. A China girl who will be doing her foundation studies at the Uni will be staying with me. I don't know whether to be happy cause I won't be lonely or sad because of the experience that I did not had with red bean.
Staying at this accomodation is very lonely. You do not get to meet other people, where else if I stayed in campus I would have meet lots of people. However, yesterday there was a barbeque to get to meet the lodgers and I met a Sarawakian Chinese girl and a Hong Kong girl. We went punting together. Expensive wey! $15!! Just for a half an hour ride. The Hong Kong girl stays at the campus and she says its very noisy. She will be doing accounting like me and the other girl will be doing law. Anyway, I don't think I ngam key with them. But I really thank God that I found somebody. Otherwise I will go nuts. I hope the China girl will know how to speak English and that we would get along well.
Staying here is quiet except in certain circumstances. My windows faces the garage/car park. So when there is people hangin around there I can hear voices. Its irritating. I have to keep my window open because there is no fan or air con or anything except heaters in the flat. So in the afternoon, it can get pretty hot.
So far, a meal here cost no less than $5. Normal decent meals cause about $8.50. I am waiting for word from the U so that if I am continuing here, I am going to cook by myself. Which I hope will never happen cause I do not know how to cook at all.
If I have nothing to do soon, I am going to go bonkers. Luckily there is this book sale, so I bought 3 books =) Have finished one, the other one too boring to continue and in the middle of the last one. I also finish watching this how called Yummy Yummy. A TVB production. Not bad. At least it kept me entertain.
There is a TV in the living room but no reception. I have to ask the office about it. Remind me.
This town is asleep between 5.30 pm and 6 pm. Most of the shops will be close. Sad. Actually I the first few days was quite hectic for me. I had to buy the basic stuff. I had to open the bank account. The ANZ bank which was the bank that I wanted to open needs my student card in order for me to open a student account. And I can't pay my fees so that I can get my student card until I have bank in the money that my dad gave me. So I joined BNZ and it takes 5 working days for the money to go in because its not their bank. So mah fhan! So now, I have nothing. I found out on Friday that we had to pay for our internet usage in the Uni. Really ciplak! ISH ISH ISH!!
Anyway, I talk to Anesh on Skype yesterday night. It seems that she and Sarnan now is 'best friends'. And she so so absolutely hate walking. Her accomodation is on one hill and her Uni is on another hill. So she has to walk walk and walk. Even to go into the city. Anyways, she and Sarnan may come to visit me!! I hope they do. I am so so lonely.
I really hope I get to meet friends. I have to go and buy more shirts not enough. The laundry here is very expensive!
See ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment