Thursday, September 14, 2006

The List

I have been having this list since May 14th 2006.

  1. Kind and Helpful (almost all of the Kiwis)
  2. Really love to go barefooted (even on the streets)
  3. Its their trademark to put an 'aye' at the end of a statement to make it a question
  4. Bath only once a day (it seems that all Westerners do that)
  5. Brush their teeth after breakfast (no surprise, have been told by mum that Westerners do that)
  6. Party on starting from Thursday night - Saturday night (really strange isn't, its like Friday is not a 'school/working day'?)
  7. 2 forms of basic greetings:
    1. Hi/Hey, how are you?
    2. Hi/Hey, how is it going?
  8. 3 forms of basic reply:
    1. Good.
    2. I'm all right.
    3. Not so good. (rarely)
  9. The lecturers love to repeat the last sentence of (almost) all of the slides that they are teaching (really irritating)
  10. Church starts at 10am (Malaysia - 9am)
  11. Late is 9-10pm (Malaysia - 11-12am)
  12. Not very punctual (surprisingly, but not as late as Malaysians, just 2-5 minutes)
  13. Goodbye = See Ya Later (even if they will not see you later or ever, i just don't get it)
  14. Saturday and Sunday = No go out day
  15. Jam starts around 5pm
  16. A normal bowl/plate of food cost $8 (as oppose to Malaysia's RM3.00)
  17. Two traffic lights go green together (as oppose to Malaysia's Waiting for one by one)
  18. Having to bring your own meat for a barbeque
  19. Beer/Wine is like water to Kiwis. They go out EVERY single NIGHT to get drunk.
  20. Kiwis eat rice with forks. They don't use spoons except to stir drinks or drink soup.
  21. They don't have TV guides on newspapers. Instead EVERY week they have to buy booklets (something like Astro's but half the pages). Waste of money.
  22. They don't have wrapping papers. All they do have its just the sticky thing.
  23. They call sweets lollies. strange.
  24. Cool bananas is another phrase.
Number 24th was just added. Number 23 was since July 18th. I will keep adding stuff when I feel like it. And I'll highlight the last one that I updated.

i miss good food

No comments: