Monday, April 14, 2008

Love, Sex and Marriage

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God, and in the face of this congregation, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy matrimony.
So.. camp was interesting. And informative. We studied the passage 1 Cor 5 - 7. I think I learnt alot but most of the things sudah keluar out of my head. I guess the most important thing that I've learnt that my goal in life should not be to get marry but to "live in full devotion to the Lord". Not that my goal in life is to get married. But I guess that's every girl's dream?

I've got proof!
14. What do you think is the most important thing in your life? Living my life as God meant it to be. (Mian.. I sound so 'righteous')

That's from my previous previous post.

Although I am still confused by this two verses in the passage that we studied. I plan to ask Aunty Olivia about it but I think she's in Japan. Will email her probably later in the week. Although I do want to get as many peoples opinion as possible.

1 Cor 7:14
For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

1 Cor 7:16
How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

All in all I think all of us had fun and learnt lots. My neck looks tall somehow.

Btw, I bought this book:
And Wei Zheng bought this book:
I'm currently reading WZ's book first. Cause Jas also wants to read it. It is a good book I think. Although it is pro-protestant so it is bias. But I also learned alot of new stuff about Catholics. And if you are a Catholic and you don't want to think too much, then I suggest that you better don't read this book.

The book I bought was only $10 so I thought it was a good investment and it started out really well. =) Will read it after I finish "Nothing in my hand I bring".

I'm in the midst of replying the emails that I get. Was being lazy.

Dictionary
sudah keluar - came out

No comments: