Yup. Thank God we finally found a house. We went to have a look at this place very near the Engineering building. Its a house with 5 bedrooms. There are three other tenants (internationals students) already living there. A girl and 2 guys (and a pizza place). Jas, Mer and I went to have a look at the house yesterday.
The two rooms available are double bedrooms. They have 2 single beds in them. If we share one it will be $200 - $210 but if not one of the rooms is $160 and the other is $10 higher. Its higher because it has more sun and since Jas loves the sun she'll be taking that room. So it includes everything except for electricity which is between $10 - $20 each week. I guess it would be $40 - $80 each month which seems pretty reasonable.
There is unlimited broadbrand! Thank goodness. Otherwise we would have to rely on Uni's internet. SO all in all I think we've done good. Actually at first, I didn't want to share a bedroom with Jas as I would not have any personal space. However, since it will be cheaper I said I did not mind.
After Jas had a chat with her mum though, she changed her mind and we decided to get seperate bedrooms. Actually its not that very much expensive since its quite a big room. Normally it will be $120 - $130 for a double bedroom excluding everything except maybe furnishings. So including $30 for 10GB per month excluding SKY TV (NZ's version of Astro) and electricity will come up to the same thing.
We went to look at another place which is not that near to Uni and its $150 including everything but the bedroom is really small. Also, the internet is limited to 10GB for the whole house and they have more than 5 bedrooms in that house!
The only downside now is that I would have to pack all my stuff again.
I have this US lecturer who is on sabatical from his own varsity who recommended
but it actually represents something else.It reminded me of YL as she really loves this book. Maybe she will take up that lecturer's suggestion? Heh.
I need to call New Zelanad Immigration now. So till then..
p.s. We have been looking at a lot of house and we decided not get unfurnished ones as it is really very mafhan.
mafhan - troublesome
i have only one weird word. interesting.
I need to call New Zelanad Immigration now. So till then..
p.s. We have been looking at a lot of house and we decided not get unfurnished ones as it is really very mafhan.
mafhan - troublesome
i have only one weird word. interesting.

3 comments:
Is that the rent per week for a room?
yup
woooo expensive everywhere!!
Post a Comment