At first I thought I should do a new "About Me" page but after writing this, I just want it to be another post.
I had an unexpected summer. I worked at Alliance Bank for about a month until the day before my birthday for which an unexpected circumstances happened.
You see, my father was scheduled to undergo surgery - angioplasty if I'm not mistaken. That was on a Tuesday morning. Everything went all right in the surgery except for the fact that his heart stopped once. He was meant to be back the next morning.
I was at home that night after vomiting and diarrhoea-ing at work instead of going out with Yan Ling as planned. My dad called that night telling my mum he's experiencing heart pain and asked her to go to the hospital quickly. My brother and I followed my mum to the hospital not knowing what lay ahead of us.
When we reached the hospital it was around 7.30pm. Just as we reached the elevators, code blue was announced and my mum suspected it was because of my dad. Soon, we realised it was true. We were standing around, waiting for an hour before they told us the news.
"To lose one parent is a tragedy, To lose both parents is just plain carelessness"- Oscar Wilde in the Importance Of Being Earnest
The funeral was set for Thursday. It was a good service except for one part where I think my family was embarassed about. Even a friend from NZ came. And a friend from school and college. Many people came to pay their respects. I was very proud of my dad and what he did with 48 years of his life.
I came back to NZ to finish my studies which will take an extra year. I've learnt alot this year. About deaths. Friendships. BGR. Church. Faith. Christianity.
My brother finishes his last year of high school this year. After that, he will be going for Residential Bible School and National Service. My mum is still busy babysitting my niece and keeping herself occupied while learning new stuff like going online.
This whole post just sounds surreal.
1 comment:
*hugs*
Post a Comment