Monday, May 30, 2011

So..

I was planning to go back in March with Jetstar - this was before Air Asia came out here. However, I couldn't get a work visa under the Graduate Job Search as I could only apply under that section once. I wasn't too worried at first. Then the second quake happen and I could postpone my flight to later in the year. Then the timing changed and I could get a refund. Which was awesome.

I just read my previous posts and do wonder at how my goal changes. I do know my deadlines will change. The reason why I try to say "tentatively". In November, I got offered a part time administrator job in church. I accepted the job. I really enjoyed working in church and as I was a part timer - my time was quite flexible.

I was offered a full time job in April as a Children's and Family Ministry Administrator in church and I accepted too. I prayed and prayed about it and I think this is where God wants me to be currently. I am in the process of applying for a work visa as my current visa will expire in August.

One big adventure that happened for me this year was the Abel Tasman kayaking trip! The trip, the view, the company, the experience. The 6 of us went away for 4 day 3 nights of kayaking and camping. The February earthquake happened on our 3rd day away. I actually felt for Christchurch. It felt really surreal coming back after the trip.

The sunrise on our last day - that was so cool! I really felt really very sleepy too :)



The five of us sitting on a log on our first beach.

It was so cool that we got to camp right at the beach front. I have never gone on a real camping trip before - setting up tents, sleeping in a sleeping bag, cooking on a portable stove thingy, planning.

I went on a "camp" before. But we had other people looking after us then and I can't remember much of what happened. But that trip was really awesome possum! Yup, we met a possum on our last night :D

No comments: